Acura RDX Towing and Roadside Service Information
Overview Manufacturer Acura (Honda) Production 2006–present Model years 2007–present Body and chassis Class Compact luxury crossover SUV Body style 5-door SUV Related Honda CR-V
The Acura RDX is Acura ’s first compact luxury crossover SUV , taking over from the MDX as Acura’s entry-level crossover SUV, as the MDX grew in size and price. Originally, the RDX was built upon the same platform Honda uses for their Civic and CR-V passenger cars, however […]
10-51 Service Info
Can a Long Reach tool be used on this vehicle?
Fob Malfunction Starting
If the battery life in your remote transmitter is weak, a message appears in the Multi-Information Display (MID) with information on how to start the engine.
- Touch the back of the remote transmitter to the ENGINE START/STOP button while the indicator is flashing.
- With the brake pedal pressed, press the ENGINE START/STOP button within 10 seconds.
Battery location – engine compartment, front drivers side.
The TSX has a spare tire under the cargo area floor
If you need to refuel your vehicle from a portable fuel container, use the funnel provided with your vehicle.
- Turn off the engine.
- Press the fuel fill door release button. The fuel fill door opens.
- Remove the funnel from the tool box . Take the funnel out of the tool case in the trunk.
- Place the end of the funnel on the lower part of the filler opening, then insert it slowly and fully. Make sure that the end of the funnel goes down along with the filler pipe.
- Fill the tank with fuel from the portable fuel container. Pour fuel carefully so you do not spill any.
- Remove the funnel from the filler neck. Wipe up any fuel from the funnel before storing it.
- Shut the fuel fill door by hand.
Flat bed equipment: The operator loads your vehicle on the back of a truck. This is the best way to transport your vehicle.
Wheel lift equipment: The tow truck uses two pivoting arms that go under the front tires and lift them off the ground. The rear tires remain on the ground. This is an acceptable way to tow your vehicle.
Notice Trying to lift or tow your vehicle by the bumpers will cause serious damage. The bumpers are not designed to support the vehicle’s weight.
Improper towing such as towing behind a motorhome or other motor vehicle can damage the transmission.
Shift Override / Neutral Override
Link to Owners manual
Add or update service information to this page (instructions, pictures, personal experience, cautions, etc.) by clicking on Comment.